First of all, I would like to thank you for being a part of the Mumara Family. I’ll explain below the quickest way to get started with your Mumara ONE account and relay your first email out.
Few Things to Keep In Mind
- Sending out an email isn’t that important, but placement in the inbox matters most
- Your domain needs to be properly authenticated before you start sending emails
- Carry important IP warmup procedures to give your account a good health
- Before sending bulk emails, make sure your account reputation is good enough
- You are not using any spammy content and sending it to your double opt-in subscribers
Follow the steps below to get started with your first broadcast.
Add Your Sending Domain
Your Mumara ONE account comes up with a sandbox domain that is just for testing purposes. It’s important for you to add your domain name before you start sending real emails/campaigns. Moreover, adding a sending domain will give you more scope for the email branding and sender identity.
- To add a sending domain, navigate to Setup -> Sending Domains
- Click on the [+ Add New] button
- Write your official domain name responsible to appear in the Send-From mail headers. No need to enable the “Use Secure URL” option at this step
Note: You need to write the main domains, not the sub-domain here
- Once the sending domain has been added, you’ll be prompt to verify the ownership of the domain by using one of the available methods
- After the domain has been verified, it will be activated by default
Authenticate the Sending Domain
Authenticating the sending domain will enhance your email branding and deliverability. If you don’t authenticate the sending domain, our default domain i.e. mumara.net will appear as a signatory domain and will become the originator of the email.
a. Sign the Outgoing Email With DKIM
Enabling DKIM will generate a domain key for your sending domain that you’ll need to add in the DNS zone of your Domain as a TXT record. Once the domain key has been verified, your domain will appear as the signatory of the outgoing emails and it’s an important factor for email branding.
b. Custom Tracking Domain
By default, mumaraone.com appears behind the hyperlinks and image URLs. Enabling the custom tracking domain option will give you a CNAME record that has to be added to your domain’s DNS zone to replace the default tracking domain with your own tracking domain to brand the outgoing emails.
c. Custom Bounce Domain
Enabling the custom bounce domain will replace the default MailFrom domain that appears in the Return-Path with your own domain. You’ll be advised to add a TXT and MX record to your domain’s DNS zone to activate this feature.
Create a Contact List
Mumara lets you create multiple contact lists for the classification of the contacts. A number of lists can be created depending upon niches, geo, products, interests, etc. Get freedom from the hassle of managing contacts tardily and focus on what is ought to be sent to those contacts.
In order to create a contact list, follow the steps below
- Navigate to Lists -> Add Contact List
[…] your list of subscribersThis is particularly true in the holiday season, as the Cyber Ten is the greatest shoppingweek of […]