In Email, A/B testing offers a way to experiment with different versions of your email campaign in laboratory settings, before you actually start sending it on large scale. The terms split test, or multivariate testing has the same connotation. And it has proved one of the most efficient methods to improve email conversions. Let’s today look at how Mumara helps conduct these A/B tests in a controlled environment.
Table of Contents
- A/B testing explained
- Set your goals
- Perform your split testing mindfully
- Split testing on Mumara
A/B Testing Explained
Easily Select the Variable to Conduct Test [/fusion title] [fusion text]. As stated in the intro, the split test technique is primarily used to test different versions of an email campaign to know which version performs better, in terms of open or click rates. And when we say the different version, each version should be carrying some sort of distinct element different from the other version.
Using Mumara, you can use a variety of variables to test the better-performing element of your email campaign, it can be the subject line, welcome note text, some words used in the spin tag, name, time, and a bunch of other options. It’s convenient and easily implementable.
Set Your Goals
Marketers believe that one should have a clear target to achieve from the A/B testing, and the experiment should end with a clear conclusion. And for that, the key is you need to avoid testing the heap of multiple variables in one test.
Further, if you want to test which subject line can guarantee more open rates, stick to the subject line only, and don’t try to test other variables in one go, like time, welcome note, content from the name, etc.
Mumara helps create versions/copies of your email campaign before you actually set up a split test. You can one by one test the other variables following the same method of creating versions/copies of your campaign with differential elements, selecting them during the process of setting up the split test, and finally scheduling the split test campaign to evaluate the results.
Perform Your Split Testing Mindfully
Selecting Subscriber’s Batch for Test [/fusion title] [fusion text]. As it will be a real-time test but in a controlled environment, one needs to select the subscriber segment mindfully. The idea is to make sure that a sufficient number of subscribers have received the test. And that you have observed enough evidence to evaluate the better-performing campaign. If you have tested it across a smaller segment of subscribers, you may not be able to achieve the optimum results, when sending it to a large-scale list.
Marketers believe that one should have a clear target to achieve from the A/B test, and the experiment should end with a clear conclusion. And for that, the key is you need to avoid testing the heap of multiple variables in one test.
Also, if you want to test which subject line can guarantee more open rates, stick to the subject line only, and don’t try to test other variables in one go, like time, welcome note, content from name, etc.
Split/A/B Testing on Mumara
The split testing tool within Mumara has introduced some really great functionality to conduct the more controlled test, and easily select the percentage of subscribers to receive the test email.
Moreover, after Mumara concludes the test and evaluates the results, you can direct the system to automatically send the better-performing campaign to the remaining number of subscribers in your list.
Keeping the above-mentioned example of 25% out of 100,000 subscribers in mind, if a majority of the subscribers who received the tests have opened the “A” version of the campaign more than the “B” version, the system will automatically send the better performing version to the rest of your list (75%).
However, it isn’t the only way to conduct the test and send it to better performing campaign. If you want to manually send the better-performing camping after the evaluation, select the option to show the results.
Your requirements from the split test may vary from case to case. When you are testing the subject line, you may be having the goal to achieve improved open rates, as the subject line plays a significant role in improving the open rates.
And when you are testing the other elements of your email campaigns like content, images, link position, etc. you would be optimizing your campaign for better conversion rates.
To conclude, if you really want to improve the conversion rates or sales, first optimize your campaign by conducting a test to evaluate the better-performing campaign in terms of open rate. The version of your campaign with more opens is most likely to obtain better click rates.
Click for more Email Marketing Blogs.