Email marketing is helpful in not only increasing your sales but also building a relationship with customers. Despite the nature of your business, the email list is the topmost component of an effective email marketing strategy.
With your list, you can directly contact your users, promote your product, and display your business – turning your recipients into paying customers.
With the advent of email marketing automation tools such as Mumara, it becomes possible for you to design your email campaign and send it to the targeted audience.
In this article, you will learn everything about the email list and how to a contact list on Mumara. Keep reading!
Table of Contents
- What is an email list?
- Single opt-in vs double opt-in list
- Single opt-in email list
- Double opt-in email list
- Benefits of adding an email list
- Your email list is personal
- You can reach the interested audience
- Easy to reach the larger group
- Build a relationship with the customers
- Business expansion
- How to add a contact list on Mumara?
- Why do you need to build an email list?
What Is an Email List?
An email list is a collection of email addresses or subscribers who have opted-in to receive information, and updates from your brand. It works as a foundation in your email marketing efforts while allowing you to send info about your business material to the targeted users.
A mailing list or email list is also called subscribers list; it can be grown by taking care of various email-building techniques that will learn later on.
Your revenues are directly proportional to the health of your email list. If you have a list consisting of interested users, your sales will go sky-high. On the other hand, if the contacts are not relevant, your efforts will go in vain.
Therefore, keep an eye on the stats of your email marketing campaigns and remove inactive addresses to get the maximum of your marketing efforts.
Single Opt-in vs Double Opt-in List
To determine whether a user subscribed once or twice, we use opt-ins. There are two types of opt-ins, i.e., double opt-in and single opt-in.
Let us have a look at them one by one:
Single Opt-in Email List
A single opt-in is a simple method to acquire an email list without any confirmation. Once a user adds his email address in the sign-up form, he automatically lands on the subscribers’ list.
Double Opt-in Email List
Contrary to the single opt-in, a double opt-in is a bit more complex method as the user needs to click the confirmation link sent on his email addresses after adding the email address and other information to the sign-up form.
Until or unless a user doesn’t click on the confirmation link, he will not be added to the email list for further communication.
This type of email list gives you interested users because they take some pain to subscribe. It shows that they are willing to know more about you through an effective communication workflow.
Benefits of Adding an Email List
We have learned that email marketing is an effective way to communicate with your users and boost your return on investment.
As per the stats from Direct Marketing Association, email marketing can give you 4300% ROI if you do it rightly. It means that you can earn $43 for every $1 spent on email marketing.
These facts give enough shreds of evidence to make up your mind to jump into this game and before that build your email list.
Here are some of the tested benefits of a mailing list:
Your Email List Is Personal
When you build your email list, you can use it exactly according to your requirements because it becomes your personal list.
Moreover, you can make your conversations more human and personalized when your recipient already knows about your business.
After acquiring information from the subscribers, you can design your message in a way to make them feel at home by adding their names to the email.
You Can Reach the Interested Audience
The failure of the marketing and business is linked with the strategies you apply while promoting your product.
If you are targeting the wrong audience and one that is unknown to your brand, it will take a lot of time and effort to convert them into sales.
By saying this we mean that sometimes brands purchase email lists from vendors and send marketing campaigns that surprise the recipients.
On the other hand, when you will have your own email list, it will let you send your email campaigns to the interested audience resulting in more sales leading to more profits and business growth.
Easy to Reach a Larger Group
According to the available data, there are 4.26 billion email users in the world. It means that you can target a larger audience by sitting anywhere in the world.
By using an email marketing automation tool like Mumara, you can send emails and check the real-time stats accurately.
There is no other platform that gives you an opportunity to directly connect with this much larger market. All you need is to grow your email list organically and them emails afterward to convert them into sales.
Build a Relationship with the Customers
Email is the best form of communication with the users as it initiates the two-way communication process.
When a subscriber subscribes to your email list, he expects to find a solution for his problems. Send emails to your users and ask about the problems if they are facing any.
This technique will restore your good impression and when you will address their pain points, it will strengthen your relationship with the customers.
A healthy list is the first determinant of business expansion. Organizations look for various ways to promote a product and engage customers to increase sales.
Likewise, a healthy business subscribers list assists a lot in achieving business targets by sending updates to comprehensive users.
How to Add a Contact List on Mumara?
Mumara helps you add your contact list(s) and authorizes you to send email marketing campaigns to your audience. It is precisely simple to add a contact list and users in simple.
Sign in to your Mumara account and follow the below-mentioned steps with us:
- Navigate to Lists and click Add Contact List, you will see the following screen:
While creating a contact list, fill out the following fields:
- List Name: Give a friendly name to your list to remember it later on.
- Groups: Create a new group or select the existing one (if any) where you want your list to be sorted. If you don’t want to choose any group, select “Unsorted” from the dropdown.
- Additional Fields: Choose from the pre-defined customs fields i.e., first name, last name, country, etc., or Navigate Custom Fields to add more fields in order to collect the required information.
- Owner Name: Mention the name of the owner who owns this list.
- Owner Email: Mention the owner’s email address. Make sure the email address is mentioned on the confirmed sending domain. To add one, navigate Setup > Sending Domains > Add New and create it.
- Reply-to Email: Add an email address where you want to receive the replies from the recipients.
- Click Save & Exit – your list has been created.
After adding a Contact List, the next step is to add Contacts to that list. For that reason, navigate Contacts > Add a Contact and view the screen as shown in the below images:
To add a contact, fill up the fields shown in the above picture. The details of the fields are as under:
- Contact List: We have learned the method of adding a contact list in the above lines, remember? Now is the time to add contacts to that list(s). Select the contact list from the drop-down where you want to organize this contact.
- Email Address: Mention a valid email address in this field that you want to add to the list.
- Format: Choose the format of the broadcast you want this contact to receive i.e., HTML/TEXT.
- Confirmation Status: Select the confirmation status of the contact whether it is Confirmed or Unconfirmed.
- Status: Set the status of the contact as Active or Inactive depending on the activity.
- Bounced: Set the bounce status of the contract as Not Bounced. If you select Hard Bounce, this contact will not receive emails from you.
- Unsubscribed: Select ‘No’ if your contact has not unsubscribed. If you select ‘Yes’ this contact will not receive emails from you.
- Contact Information: Add contact information i.e., First Name, Last Name, Country, or any other information you added from the Custom/Additional Fields.
- Click Save & Add New if you want to add another contact.
- Click Save & Exit if you want to finish the add contacts process.
- Click Cancel if you don’t want to add this contact
- Your contact(s) is added, and now you can send a broadcast to your contact list whenever you want.
Why Do You Need to Build an Email List?
Building an email list is the first step to sending your email campaigns. An email list helps you send information and updates to the intended users.
When your product or service information will be sent to your users precisely, it will allow you to increase your sales and boost your business. When you build your personal email list, it aids you in directly targeting the audience who already knows about your brand and business.
Unlike other marketing channels, email marketing is worthy of communicating with prospects in a one-on-one manner.
More than half of the world’s population uses email, if you still ignore this huge potential, you will be standing on the losing side.
Mumara gives you full authority to create your contact list, design your email campaigns and send broadcasts whenever you want. What you are waiting for? Sign up today!
Read more Email Marketing Blogs.
Read more Mumara Features.